Make your designs stand out with these free creative fonts for crafts, logos, blogs, graphic design, and more!
- Cool hand lettering with unique shapes and designs that can up the artistic element of your projects
- Use for t shirts, tumblers and mugs, printable wall art home decor, to practice hand drawn decorative doodles & more
- And if you're in need of other fancy, trendy lettering options, click on over to our list of top free fonts, many of which include commercial use license
Disclosure: If you buy something through any of our affiliate links on this page, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting our site and keeping our designs free for all.
Searching through the interweb for the perfect font isn't much fun, so don't waste your time falling down that rabbit hole. Instead, enjoy our labor of love having done all the clickety clicking for you with our list of favorite creative fonts so you can focus on the parts of your project you do enjoy instead!
Factors in Font Selection
We've searched high and low for a diverse array of fonts to fit your project needs. Our goal was to find the best collection of fonts that include as many of these characteristics listed below as possible.
1. Most popular trends to classic timeless styles (elegant modern, fancy vintage, rustic farmhouse, clean and simple minimalist, etc).
2. Downloadable alphabet and/or dingbat (picture) ttf or otf files that work well on desktop, laptop computers (Android and iPad tablets are a bit more tricky).
4. A collection that includes thick, bold fonts; thin, modern handwritten script; cursive calligraphy; masculine and feminine fonts, texture like distressed or grunge or with extra tails, glyphs, and swashes; serif, sans serif, and more.
5. Beautiful, Pinterest-worthy typography for cool font pairings or combinations that go well together (aka great graphic designer quality), which can be used for weddings, baby showers, professional events, logos and more.
Personal vs Commercial Use
Personal use means you are using a designer’s work for your own projects with no business interest. This applies to most crafters, who want to use pretty fonts, clipart, etc to customize a vinyl project, create a wood sign, or other DIY project.
However, if you plan to use the designs for your business, whether to sell or even give away for free, then you will need a commercial license in order to use the font legally.
Most times, free fonts are only for personal use with the option to upgrade for business use. But sometimes, designers are really generous and let you use their free fonts for both personal and commercial purposes.
Check the fonts section below for licensing information we found.
Creative Fonts for FreeAt the time this post was published, all the following fonts were free for personal and commercial use. However, please check the download site page for the most current license information.
Images below show you how each craft file looks, but you can head to each individual post for a longer description of the colors, font or text, and layering components of each design.
Free SVG & PNG Designs
Following is a showcase of the craft files. To download, click on the preview image (or corresponding link underneath) of the preferred design(s) to head to the individual posts with the link to download the files. Enjoy!
- Joyful: Joy Maker* (smooth lettering craft font)
- Fantastic: Unicorn Kids* (chunky outlined alphabet with dripping fill at top of letters)
- Great: Ennobled Pet* (letters within paw prints
- Frilly: My Shine* (script with tails or swashes)
- Kiddie: Startling* (a Dr. Seuss like font)
- Unique: BD Medled* (dotted lettering)
- Quirky: Cappella* (letter outlined in stars)
- Cool: Bryana* (small accent to each letter)
- Interesting: Oatmeal* (fun outline font with fill in letter spaces)
- Nifty: Quiltix* (letters with quilted pattern fill)
- Personality: Barbatrick* (spiky streak to the left of each letter)
- Happy: Happy Birthday* (heart balloon letters)
Most Popular Premium Fonts
Looking for more cool font collections that are sure to get you compliments? Grab the best quality fonts for crafters, favored among crafting businesses.
Snag these limited-time font bundle deals while they last!
- Party Dance, Feeling Lovely, and more cute handwritten fonts*
- Lovestruck, Full of Wonder and other feminine hand lettering*
- Christmas Vibes, Mermaid Story, and more unique hand drawn craft fonts (along with 750+ SVG files as a bonus)*
Grab these fun, easy creative fonts while they're free and check out the bundle deals for more font goodies!
Tips for Using Fonts in Crafting
Downloading and installing fonts
The free download files will come in a zipped folder. Extract the files and download to your computer. Make sure you close out and reopen Cricut Design Space or Silhouette Studio for the new font(s) to appear.
Combining script text
When you insert text into Cricut Design Space, you will need to adjust letter spacing to connect letters. Don’t forget to weld to combine the text so each word cuts out as a single piece instead of by individual letters.
If welding text fills in the space in letters (such as a, d, p, etc), then undo the weld, enlarge the text, and try welding again.
Some cursive fonts may become too thin for weeding if used as small text. Reserve for use on large signs, etc.