Scribble away with these free handwritten / handwriting fonts for projects, logos, blogs, graphic design, and more!
- Feminine and masculine hand lettering that looks like actual scrawls
- Use for gift tags, notes, journaling, printable wall art home decor & more
- And if you need other font ideas, click on over to our list of free fonts, many of which come with commercial use license
Disclosure: If you buy something through any of our affiliate links on this page, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting our site and keeping our designs free for all.
Tons of Fonts & SVGs for Just $1!
Try out their subscription to get access to millions of beautiful fonts, crafts, graphics and more for just $1 this month!
Save your hand the trouble, from both clicking away at the mounds of fonts online as well as from the actual writing out of your messages with our list of favorite handwriting / handwritten fonts.
Factors in Font Selection
We've searched high and low for a diverse array of fonts to fit your project needs. Our goal was to find the best collection of fonts that include as many of these characteristics listed below as possible.
- Most popular trends to classic timeless styles (elegant modern, fancy vintage, rustic farmhouse, clean and simple minimalist, etc).
- Downloadable alphabet and/or dingbat (picture) ttf or otf files that work well on desktop, laptop computers (Android and iPad tablets are a bit more tricky).
- Cool, cute, stylish font family typeface samples from trustworthy sites such as Font Bundles*, Creative Fabrica*, Dafont, Fontspace, and other reputable font websites.
- A collection that includes thick, bold fonts; thin, modern handwritten script; cursive calligraphy; masculine and feminine fonts, texture like distressed or grunge or with extra tails, glyphs, and swashes; serif, sans serif, and more.
- Beautiful, Pinterest-worthy typography for cool font pairings or combinations that go well together (aka great graphic designer quality), which can be used for weddings, baby showers, professional events, logos and more.
- Useable for text in Word or to create beautiful print for craft cutting machines like a Cricut machine*, Silhouette machine*, Brother Scan N Cut*, etc.
Personal vs Commercial Use
Personal use means you are using a designer’s work for your own projects with no business interest. This applies to most crafters, who want to use pretty fonts, clipart, etc to customize a vinyl project, create a wood sign, or other DIY project.
However, if you plan to use the designs for your business, whether to sell or even give away for free, then you will need a commercial license in order to use the font legally.
Most times, free fonts are only for personal use with the option to upgrade for business use. But sometimes, designers are really generous and let you use their free fonts for both personal and commercial purposes.
Check the fonts section below for licensing information we found.
Handwritten Fonts for FreeAt the time this post was published, all the following fonts were free for personal and commercial use. However, please check the download site page for the most current license information.
How to Download the Free Fonts
Following is a list of the featured fonts. To download any of these fonts, simply click on the link of the font name to be taken to the download page. Enjoy!
- Legible: Rote* (cursive)
- Make List: Toddler* (messy print)
- Mark Down: Treasure Script* (half cursive, half print)
- Prioritize: Beattingvile* (thicker brush print)
- Reinforce: Norquay* (all caps)
- Write: Decorator* (chalkboard, slight grunge look)
- Important: Blast* (tall, skinny caps)
- Don't Forget: Columbia* (could pass for masculine or feminine handwriting)
- Scribble: Lilypen* (skinny cursive with tails, extra glyphs)
- To-Do: Mama Papa* (thick marker strokes)
- Jot Down: Kallula* (tight calligraphy lettering)
- Quick Note: Last Factory* (casual slanted cursive script)
Most Popular Premium Fonts
Looking for more awesome font collections that are sure to get you compliments? Grab the best quality fonts for crafters, favored among crafting businesses.
Snag these limited-time font bundle deals while they last!
- Berry Pastry, Viviene, and other brush fonts*
- Sugarlove, Saffron Night, and other gorgeous hand lettered fonts*
- The Ballpoint, Howard Jades, and other masculine signature fonts*
Grab these fun, easy handwriting or handwritten fonts while they're free and check out the bundle deals for more font goodies!
Tips for Using Fonts in Crafting
Downloading and installing fonts
The free download files will come in a zipped folder. Extract the files and download to your computer. Make sure you close out and reopen Cricut Design Space or Silhouette Studio for the new font(s) to appear.
Combining script text
When you insert text into Cricut Design Space, you will need to adjust letter spacing to connect letters. Don’t forget to weld to combine the text so each word cuts out as a single piece instead of by individual letters.
If welding text fills in the space in letters (such as a, d, p, etc), then undo the weld, enlarge the text, and try welding again.
Some cursive fonts may become too thin for weeding if used as small text. Reserve for use on large signs, etc.