What's sizzling hot and cool as a cucumber at the same time? Why these free summer fonts for projects, logos, blogs, graphic design and more, of course!
- An array of summer loving handwritten, brush calligraphy writing, and other fun, casual fonts
- Use for cute beach ware, scrapbooking projects, printable wall art home decor & other means to enjoy the endless vibes of summer sunshine
- And while you're at it, might as well see our list of top free fonts for commercial use to tide you over all year round
Disclosure: If you buy something through any of our affiliate links on this page, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting our site and keeping our designs free for all.
Just the idea of trying to sort through thousands of fonts to find the right ones for season leave me hot and bothered. But lucky for you, you can sit back and chillax as we share our favorite tropical fonts that say "hello summer." We've done all the finger clickety-clicks so all that's left for you to do is have fun in the sun through the May, June, July, and August season.
Factors in Font Selection
We've searched high and low for a diverse array of fonts to fit your project needs. Our goal was to find the best collection of fonts that include as many of these characteristics listed below as possible.
1. Most popular trends to classic timeless styles (elegant modern, fancy vintage, rustic farmhouse, clean and simple minimalist, etc).
2. Downloadable alphabet and/or dingbat (picture) ttf or otf files that work well on desktop, laptop computers (Android and iPad tablets are a bit more tricky).
4. A collection that includes thick, bold fonts; thin, modern handwritten script; cursive calligraphy; masculine and feminine fonts, texture like distressed or grunge or with extra tails, glyphs, and swashes; serif, sans serif, and more.
5. Beautiful, Pinterest-worthy typography for cool font pairings or combinations that go well together (aka great graphic designer quality), which can be used for weddings, baby showers, professional events, logos and more.
Personal vs Commercial Use
Personal use means you are using a designer’s work for your own projects with no business interest. This applies to most crafters, who want to use pretty fonts, clipart, etc to customize a vinyl project, create a wood sign, or other DIY project.
However, if you plan to use the designs for your business, whether to sell or even give away for free, then you will need a commercial license in order to use the font legally.
Most times, free fonts are only for personal use with the option to upgrade for business use. But sometimes, designers are really generous and let you use their free fonts for both personal and commercial purposes.
Check the fonts section below for licensing information we found.
Summer Fonts for Free
At the time this post was published, all the following fonts were free for personal and commercial use. However, please check the download site page for the most current license information.
Images below show you how each craft file looks, but you can head to each individual post for a longer description of the colors, font or text, and layering components of each design.
Free SVG & PNG Designs
Following is a showcase of the craft files. To download, click on the preview image (or corresponding link underneath) of the preferred design(s) to head to the individual posts with the link to download the files. Enjoy!
- Sand: Aquino* (bold caps)
- Palm Tree: Tidal Wave* (thin masculine handwriting)
- Swimming: Montclar* (skinny handwritten print)
- Ocean Breeze: Hands Down* (semi-cursive print)
- Beach: Hammock* (all caps brush marker print)
- Sunkissed: Callifornia* (modern signature script)
- Ice Cream: Rissa* (thick cursive with rough brush stroke ends)
- Surfing: Liquify* (round letters with accents for a watery look)
Most Popular Premium Fonts
Looking for more fun, quirky, beautiful font picks for your fun crafting projects or to use in your business?
Snag these limited-time font bundle deals while they last!
- Summer Bee, Randomly Cute, and fonts for all year round*
- Pool Side, Sunny Beaches, and more fun fonts*
- Rosebud, Sahara, and more hot typefaces*
Grab these fun, easy summer fonts while they're free and check out the bundle deals for more font goodies!
Tips for Using Fonts in Crafting
Downloading and installing fonts
The free download files will come in a zipped folder. Extract the files and download to your computer. Make sure you close out and reopen Cricut Design Space or Silhouette Studio for the new font(s) to appear.
Combining script text
When you insert text into Cricut Design Space, you will need to adjust letter spacing to connect letters. Don’t forget to weld to combine the text so each word cuts out as a single piece instead of by individual letters.
If welding text fills in the space in letters (such as a, d, p, etc), then undo the weld, enlarge the text, and try welding again.
Some cursive fonts may become too thin for weeding if used as small text. Reserve for use on large signs, etc.